LEARN SWIMMING & SURF SKILLS
Open Water & Surf Swimming Skills & Technique Coaching Package
With Craig Riddington and Jono Stock (former surf ironmen and representative pool swimmers)
The SEA Australia coaching package includes the following options:
1. Swimming technique session in still water, with the use of the Swimfassst stroke correction device (45min)
2. Swimmfassst device with package
3. Open water and surf training (1hr) learning:
• Identify and understand rips, sandbanks and the natural flow of the ocean within the surf break
• Negotiating the surf by using the bottom heading out and catching waves back into the beach
• Wading and dolphin diving
• Open water swimming - learning how to look forward without breaking stroke and changing body position
• Open water swimming - racing tips i.e. Slipstreaming and dragging off other swimmers
• Option to learn paddling on surf craft, and basic surfing skills
*Learning outputs are dependent on surf conditions, more sessions may be required to complete all
SEA Australia is the council licensed surf operator at South Steyne - Manly, with $20,000,000 insurance coverage for all instruction and practical activities.
Since he began his career in Surf Lifesaving as a member of the Manly Junior Life Saving Club at the age of 10, Riddington or "Riddo" as he is known, has collected 21 State, 12 Australian and two world championships in Ironman and Surf Lifesaving events. A recently released Surf Lifesaving "Aussies" fact sheet reads - Fact #3: Did you know that in 1989 Craig Riddington was the only swimmer to finish the surf race course due to cyclonic conditions at Burleigh?
As a pool swimmer - Riddo was World Ranked in the 200m, 400m & 800m Freestyle, and 200m, 400m Individual Medley. Riddo also Represented NSW & Australia in open & age group swimming.
1. Swimming technique session in still water, with the use of the Swimfassst stroke correction device (45 minutes)
One session -$110, or $80 per person if 2 or more
Two sessions - $200, or $150 per person if 2 or more
2. Swimmfassst device with package - $90
3. Open water and surf training learning:
$150 per session or $100 per person if 2 or more